Ductless Mini-Split Systems in Riverside
We’re the Trusted Experts Throughout Riverside County
If you’re trying to come up with a solution to keep your home cool despite improper ductwork or space, or if you’re constantly battling family members about what temperature to set the thermostat to, ductless mini-split systems might be the solution for you. At Total Air Heating & Air Conditioning, our NATE-certified technicians offer comprehensive ductless mini-split system services in Riverside , including installation, replacement, repair, and maintenance.
How Do These Systems Work?
Ductless mini-split systems are made up of two main components: the outdoor compressor and the indoor air handling unit. Without taking up much space, the indoor unit is typically installed to the ceiling or wall and dispenses cool air throughout a room. A refrigerant line, power cable, suction tubing, and condensate drain line connect the indoor unit and outdoor compressor. What’s great about ductless mini-split systems is that multiple indoor units connect to the same outdoor compressor, but that doesn’t limit their ability to be individually set and controlled.
The Benefits of Ductless Mini-Split Systems
In addition to the convenience and flexibility the ability to have multiple indoor units brings with it, there are many other reasons why our expert technicians recommend ductless mini-split systems.
- Lower energy bills: With a central heating and cooling system, your whole home or office has air or heat being sent through it regardless if a room or space is in use or not. With ductless mini-split systems, you will see a significant decrease in your monthly utility bills because you’re not wasting energy heating or cooling unoccupied rooms.
- Easy to install: Because of the lack of ductwork and simplicity of their components, the installation of these systems is relatively quick and easy. We will simply drill a small hole in the exterior of your property for the conduit. This also means that installation costs are more affordable.
- Improved indoor air quality: Because air is no longer traveling through ducts in order to be dispensed in a room, this means there is less risk for contaminated air circulating throughout your home or office.
- Remote use: Getting up to change the setting on the thermostat can be quite a pain, especially if you haven’t installed a smart thermostat in your home or office. Ductless mini-split systems allow you to control the temperature from a remote or smartphone app.
- They are eco-friendly: Unlike traditional HVAC systems, ductless mini-splits do not use Freon, a toxic refrigerant that is harmful to the Earth’s ozone. Instead, they use an eco-friendly refrigerant, R410A.
Signs Your System Needs Repair
An additional benefit of these types of units is the fact that their limited number of parts makes recognizing when something is amiss fairly simple.
Call our Riverside ductless mini-split experts if your system is exhibiting any of the following:
- Water leaks: Any signs of water leaking from your system could mean that you have a frozen coil that is defrosting or a clogged condensate drain.
- Limited performance: If your system is not providing adequate cooling or heating, chances are you are low on refrigerant, have a clogged air filter, or your coils need to be cleaned.
- Repeated cycling: If you notice your system cycling on and off more than it normally would, this could mean that you need the coils cleaned, refrigerant charged, or that there are airflow problems.
- Unusual sounds and/or smells: Any odd noises could indicate a mechanical problem, while foul odors, such as dusty or sour ones, typically mean bacteria or mold is growing in your system.
- Frozen coils: In the instance your system’s ability to form heat is compromised, your coils can freeze.
- Decreased energy efficiency: If you notice that your utility bills are suddenly higher than normal, chances are your system is in need of repairs.
Take advantage of our 24/7 availability with no overtime fees. Give us a call at (855) 933-1460 today.
Great Service!!- Angel Z.
Highly Recommend!- Dart H.
Highly Recommend!- Barbara H.
Highly Recommend!- Jasmin H.
Knowledgeable and Fair- Karen A.
We Have Money Saving Offers
Repairs can get expensive at times. That’s why we are happy to offer online specials to our customers.
We Always Give Upfront Pricing
We take pride in giving our customers honest and upfront pricing for every job, no hidden fees ever.
We Have Fully Stocked Vehicles
Our team has all the tools and equipment needed to complete any service call. Saving you time.
We Put Our Customers First
Providing our customers with the best possible heating & air conditioning solution is our goal. We truly care about your needs.